Resurfacing concrete is an affordable method of converting an old damaged concrete into an unique new design. Resurfacing concrete is done to keep the area clean and tidy. They make the driveway beautiful and anti slippery. They improve the value and appeal of the floor. This is an easy process that can be done in a large area in short time period. But they must be left for a minimum of 3 days till they are dry and ready to be used. The best part of this method is that they need very little maintenance only after three to four years. This new surface gives the area a new look that is unique and attractive. These are done on a old aging concrete therefore there is very less time and money required for the whole process. This is an art of converting the floor of any domestic or commercial area.
Types of Resurfacing concrete
- Concrete Overlays or micro toppings
- Stamped or textured concrete
- Decorative finishes.
Best time for Resurfacing concrete
- They must not be applied in cold weather.
- Present temperature must be at least 40 to 50℃ for 24 hours.
- There must not be any rain forecast for at least 8 hours after application.
When to do Resurfacing concrete
- Ageing of old concrete
- Cracks in old concrete
- Weeds sprouts in the old concrete
- Discoloration of the floor
- Pressure washer
- 5 Gallon Bucket
- Electric drill
- Duct tape
- Concrete edging tool.
- Easy to maintain.
- Less construction time and cause lesser landfill.
- Resurfaced concrete cause less damage to the landscape.
- Resurfacing increase the value of the with a shiny coating.
- Withstand harsh climatic conditions.
- Resurfaced concrete lasts for a longer period of time.
- Resurfacing concrete are unique.
- Resurfacing concrete provide an anti slip surface.